Terms and Fees 2017
Oma Rāpeti Early Learning Centre- Fees, Terms and Conditions
|Oma Rāpeti Fee Schedule|
(from April 2017)
|4 Hour sessional|
8.30am - 12.30pm
12.30pm - 4.30pm
|5 Hour sessional|
7:30am - 12:30pm
12:30am - 5:30pm
|6 Hour Day ||7 Hour Day ||Full Day |
(8 up to 10 hours)
|Burrow per day (1:3 ratio)||$55||$65||$75||$80||$88|
|Meadow per day (1:6/7 ratio)||$45||$55||$65||$70||$77|
3 to 6 years
20 Hours funded with 20 Hr
optional charge (This
example is the daily charge per day if
five days of the same session is booked)
|$10 ||$21||$31.66 ||$40 ||$48.40 - $56.20|
NOTE: Because of 20 hour funding, over 3yrs fee charges change depending on the number of booked hours.
Oma Rāpeti has separate daily charges to provide options for families to book different combinations of session times. Start times for 6hrs plus are flexibly booked from 7:30am up to 9:30am each day. Please email email@example.com for options.
- Agree to abide by the Centre policies and procedures. I realise they are available to read at sign in and on Oma Rapeti website and Educa.
- There is a 5% discount for siblings up to three years old.
- A minimum booking of 12 hours per week for infants up to three years old and 16 hours for three years plus.
- Understand that booked days cannot be swapped for other days and that absence of any form is still a full charge. Casual or extended days, if available, can be booked in advance. Requests by email please – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agree that if a casual day is booked and then cancelled within 24hrs there will be a charge of $15.
- At least two weeks written (email acceptable) notice is required if requesting a change of times or days, unless it is an increase that can be catered for. A change of time form must be signed.
- Holidays, sicknesses and absences for any reason are a full charge (but there is no charge for statutory holidays). This enrolment agreement is inclusive of school term breaks.
- Parents are to notify the centre if their child will be absent for any reason (by phone, email or text on the day) and understand that if my child has not attended for more than 3 weeks with no official reason their place may be forfeited.
- There will be a penalty if funding is reversed due to consistent lateness or continued absence. Ministry of Education funding ceases after 3 weeks continuous absence. Doctors certificates and/or written attestations may be required for Ministry audits. Unexplained absence could result in loss of place for that child.
- Families away or on holiday for over three weeks and up to six weeks will incur increased charges due to complete loss of ministry funding. Over three's = full Meadow fee rate charged, two-three = full fees +25% and Infants=Full fees +35%.
- Families on extended travel for between 7 weeks and 3 months may choose to pay a holding fee of 50% of their child's fees (full fees not including 20hrs ECE) to secure their place on return. Parents may choose instead to cease care and go back on the waiting list to re-enroll on their return (this option will not necessarily ensure the days and hours requested or be a place available straight away).
- Payments are required two weeks in advance, paid by direct debit or online banking. Overdue payments will incur a weekly 5% penalty on overdue amounts. Overdue amounts may result in suspension of care.
- Any early sign-ins or late sign-outs outside of booked hours will be charged at the next daily fee. e.g. A six hour booking will move to a 7 hour charge if a child is signed in or out 5 min or more, late or early. Extended patterns of absence or lateness will require a change to booked times.
- A child's place may be forfeited if the fees are not kept up to date.
- Parents picking up children after 5:30pm will incur a penalty of $15 per 15 minutes. E.G. between 5:31pm and 5:45pm = $15. Between 5:46pm and 6:00pm = $30.
- Our legal opening time is 7:30am and closing 5:30pm.
- Over 3s 20 Hour funding has a maximum of 6 hours per day and 20 hours per week.
- 20hr Optional Charge for 3 years+ is $2.50 per hour up to 20 hours, covering a fully qualified team, above ministry requirement ratios and food provision.
- We request punctual attendance for times booked, especially for the 4 to 6 hour sessions as lateness affects funding. Extended patterns of absence or lateness will require a change to booked times. Parents who are consistently late may be financially liable for loss of funding in a ministry audit.
- Children with a temperature of more than 38 degrees, vomiting or diarrhea must not attend the centre. They may return after being symptom free for at least 24 hours. If painkillers have been administered in the morning parents must notify the team of this, children needing pain relief should be resting at home. Refer to policies documents for further information.
- A commitment bond of $150 is required to secure a place. This will be credited back into the child's Oma Rapeti account after 6 months of attendance. This bond is non-refundable if the account is not up to date or the child leaves before 6 months.
- A Settling/Transition Fee of $75 will be charged for all new children to cover our costs over these visits (usually 3 or 4 visits).
- An annual administration fee will be charged for every child on their start date and subsequently every February.
- Oma Rapeti provides nappies for your child's time while at the Centre. Agree to a $1 a session attendance nappy charge.
- Three weeks written notice is required when leaving Oma Rapeti ELC. The Ministry funding ceases from the last date a child attends, therefore early departure will result in extra charges to cover the loss (includes full weekly fees and lost Ministry fees). Your booked days and hours must remain the same 5 weeks prior to the finishing date. Funding claims cannot overlap, so end and start dates need to align if any child is attending a new centre. The three weeks' notice also includes any child turning five as holidays can affect their leaving date. Any child is entitled to attend and is funded up to six years old.
- Agree to pay recovery/ debt collection costs incurred from outstanding fees for your child at this service.
- Authorise the Ministry of Education to make enquiries regarding the information provided in the Enrolment Agreement Form, if deemed necessary and to the extent necessary to make decisions about your child's eligibility for 20 Hours ECE. Consenting to the early childhood education service providing relevant information to the Ministry of Education.
- WINZ subsidies: If I am receiving a WINZ subsidy, I acknowledge that I am responsible to pay all fees until the subsidy is approved. I am responsible for all fees not covered by the subsidy. I am responsible for ensuring WINZ are kept informed of any changes that may affect my subsidy. And I will pay fees recovered by WINZ if the subsidy reduces or stops.